Cooked by TFW: Avo-COD-o Tahini
Welcome to Week Three of Tahini Season! Dare I say… It’s Week… Thrahini?!?!
Nope… I’ve gone too far. This is the line, and I have crossed it.
Anyway, this week, we’re going to take our tahini and make it into something creamier and delicious…uh…er. Deliciouser! Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to… Avocado Tahini!
But here at #CookedByTFW HQ, you know I go extra… Extra long-winded. Extra gorgeous. Extra yummy (both the food I cook and my company… Ladies! #MakeTymUnsingleAgain). Today, I’m not only going to show you how to make Avocado Tahini. No, no, no… Today, I’m going to show you how to make a complete meal! Not just a meal, but one of my Fight Camp – DID YOU KNOW I WAS IN FIGHT CAMP?! (Drink) – staple dinners. Today, I’m going to show you Avocado Tahini over a Pan-Seared Cod Fillet, with Garlic Tahini Roasted Veggies as a side! So I guess this week’s recipe is… Avo-COD-o Tahini!
Apparently this week’s drinking game is 1 shot every bad pun. Anyway… Let’s get straight to it, shall we?! HERE WE GO!
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1 Medium Avocado
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Oil (I used Ca… ha! Drink!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Handful Broccoli
- 1 Handful Brussies (Brussels Sprouts)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cooking Oil (I used Canola… of course… maybe this should be a drinking game, too?)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Cod Fillet
- Salt and Pepper to taste… hmmmm… That was easy enough
1. Toss all your avocado tahini ingredients in a food processor and blend together until smooth. Pro Tip: Cube the avocado and use an actual food processor… You’ll notice in the pictures I first used my roommate’s Magic Bullet and didn’t quite cut up the avocado enough. It didn’t blend well. So I had to pull it all out and cut it up a little more… When I used my trusty food processor, it got the job done! You may need to add a little water to help everything blend smoothly. Add too much water, and you now have Avocado Tahini Salad Dressing. BOOM! I just showed you ANOTHER recipe inside a recipe. #Incepecipe? (Pun! Drink!)
2. Preheat the oven to 425º. Halve the Brussies. Toss them and the Broccoli in a mixing bowl. Dice the garlic. In another bowl, add the garlic and remaining Roasted Veggies ingredients and mix together until combined. Pour the Garlic Tahini sauce over your veggies and mix until all the veggies are well coated. Transfer the veggies to a baking sheet and pop in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until browned.
3. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Of course, spray it with a little cooking spray. Pat dry the Cod Fillet with a paper towel and season both sides. Transfer to the heated skillet and let it cook for about 7-10 minutes, flipping every few minutes, until you sear both sides evenly. Once cooked through, transfer the Cod to your plate, and add a dollop of your Avocado Tahini on top. Transfer the roasted veggies to your plate as well, and ENJOY!
And there you have it! A low calorie, amazingly delicious dinner! This is how I effortlessly make weight for all my fights. Now, you should have plenty of Avocado Tahini left over… Save it for next week, because I have MY GREATEST CREATION EVER to share with y’all! And – as always – thank me in the morning, the evening, and the afternoon! Cuz when you’re cooking with Tahini, you can thank me anytime!